We wanted to create a resource list for all of the writers out there who are needing to redefine routines during these stressful and unfamiliar times. Becca Spence Dobias and Jacqui Castle jumped on an impromptu brainstorming podcast, which you can listen to here.
Below are a few of the resources mentioned, and we will also be adding to this list every time someone brings another resource to our attention. If you have something you want to add, either tag us on twitter – @writing_bloc – or shoot an email to [email protected]
We hope these resources prove useful, and remember that we are here to support the writing community in any way that we can.
- Camp Nanowrimo – Lucky for us that every April is already Camp National Novel Writing Month.
- Inlandia Institute is waiving fees to some of their online bootcamps and writing workshops.
- Zoom Conferencing Software (hold virtual writing meet-ups. Free account includes gatherings up to 40 minutes).
- Ingram Spark is hosting a 30-day Writing Challenge complete with tips and inspiration straight to your inbox.
- Written Word Media is offering free advertising, and other initiatives, for authors financially impacted by Covid19.
- Masterclass. Access to all of the resources on Masterclass starts at $15 a month. You can read some of our masterclass reviews here.
- Online Tools for Learning a New Skill Resource list on All Connect “With many people looking to fill up their new-found free time productively, we created a resource that highlights the top sites and apps people can use to learn a new skill. From writing to photography, we outline which tools are the best to use as well as any deals or freebies on these classes.” – Communications Coordinator at Allconnect.com
*This list will be updated frequently. Check back for more.